Shore homes, Lot Size and Location Location Location!
November 7th, 2013 at 12:16 pm by Gary Mawson Jr.
Have you thought about buying a home at the shore? Have you thought about what you want in your new home at the shore? What are the most important factors that you should consider in your purchase? There is a lot to consider when you begin your search. The following are some of the first things that you should consider.
- Towns (What areas do you want to be in?)
- Price (What is your total budget?)
- How far from the beach do you want to be? (This may help determine town and budget.)
- Type of home and size (Do you want a fixer upper or a move in ready home, or if you have considered building than #5 is important
- Lot Size (Local building codes will dicatate the size of home that you can build without a variance. It is important to know this if this is an option that you are considering)
This is a great place to start though. If you can answer the majority or all of these questions than you may want to seek the help of a Real Estate Professional that specializes in the area that you are interested in buying a home in. Good luck in your search and keep in mind that lot size and location can significantly impact your purchase price, but will also appreciate in value more as time goes on.